Thursday, April 28, 2011

Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle

It hasn't been a great week. There's been no breaking out of patterns, very little creative inspiration, a lot of emotional and physical fatigue, and maybe worst of all: a very quiet internal jukebox.

Upon waking this morning, I hit snooze a few times, and then woke up just enough to turn on my ipod. When this song came on, it didn't appeal to me as much in my mind or my heart as it did in my body. So I laid there, enjoying the reverberations, until something shifted and I managed to drag my ass out of bed. The ride to work was really cold this morning, colder yet on the way home in the rain, and the workday that came in between was long and unremarkable.

Checking out the lyrics tonight, I learned what Kurt was singing in the chorus:

I miss the comfort in being sad

I'm not sure what I thought he was singing, but that wasn't it. I really get his meaning. I'm also really glad that as blah as I've been feeling the last few days, it has been a long time since I've been in tune with that sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment