Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Lost It

This song was a loyal companion during the early days of my split, and it's been back on repeat again the last couple of days:

Gimme some love to fill me up
Gimme some time, gimme some stuff
Gimme a sign, gimme some kind of reason
Are you heavy enough to make me stay?
I feel like I might blow away
I thought I was in Heaven, but I was only dreaming

And it's the heavy enough to make me stay question that was with me when I awoke this morning. I know that this lyric appeals to me because I sometimes feel quite ungrounded. There are lots of ways I know to ground myself -- yoga is high on that list. At the top though, for me, is having the weight of another body on mine, and although it makes sense, it feels particularly cruel that when I've recently had that experience and then have to give it up, I feel even less grounded than I did before. Methinks this means I have some more work to do on grounding myself, without the assistance of another person.

Time to hit the yoga mat, but I'll leave you with another of my favorite verses:

I just wanna live the life I please
I don't want no enemies
I don't want nothin' if I have to fake it
Never take nothin' don't belong to me
Everything's paid for, nothin's free
If I give my heart, will you promise not to break it?

No comments:

Post a Comment