Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Cup of Coffee

I had one my most painful moments of this cleanse so far today when I got into my car for a road trip. I had gas. I had books on cd. I had snacks. But no coffee - and what is a road trip without coffee? Johnny Cash is with me on this one:

Been drivin' haulin' load of grain all day long
Got about three more hundred miles to go
And well I just dropped in to have a cup of coffee friend
Yeah I just dropped in to have a cup of coffee friend
Don't you offer me none of that whiskey don't need no wine
Gotta get that semi down the line

Ok, so I wasn't hauling grain and I didn't have to go quite 300 miles, but what I wouldn't have given to stop in for a cup of coffee along the way. It's astounding to me how compelling rituals are -- I appear to be much more addicted to the ritual than the drug.

I wasn't sure it could be done, but I'm here to tell you I got through it. One of the things that is keeping me going is the thought of a coffee-included road trip in my near future (with my man no less!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment