Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This is the Last Day of Our Acquaintance

This song floated into my head today. It's such a beautiful song, just heart-wrenchingly sad, and a good one if you're in need of an end of relationship cathartic release:

This is the last day of our acquaintance
I will meet you later in somebody's office
I'll talk but you won't listen to me
I know what your answer will be
I know you don't love me anymore
You used to hold my hand when the plane took off
Two years ago there just seemed so much more
And I don't know what happened to our love

I'm happy to report I didn't feel sad when it started to play inside my head today -- and that the lyrics were quickly changed to "This is the last month without my man."

So excited about that! Hopefully this beautiful bald balladeer won't mind if I mix it up a bit. Will you, Sinead?

No comments:

Post a Comment