Friday, June 17, 2011

YMCA

It's funny how a song can evolve across the course of a lifetime. This one took a dramatic turn for me today when it was one of the selections at my son's summer band camp concert. The conductor invited the audience to participate, but I declined. Somehow it didn't seem the thing without the strong buzz I'd had over the years all the other times I joined the Village People by making my body into letters.

Can you say timeless classic? Look at these guys!

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.
It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.

They have everything that you need to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

Joining in or not -- hearing them play it sure made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment