Thursday, June 9, 2011

School's Out

Last day of school for my kids, and coincidentally, a day full of work stress -- the combination of these make Alice Cooper's classic just the right pick for today:

School's out for summer
School's out forever

And for my son, who spent the first six years of his education in this lovely little progressive school but who is off to public middle school in the fall, it really sort of is out forever. And that's just the way he wants it. This is a kid who lives for vacations, especially the three month variety:

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Out for summer
Out till fall
We might not go back at all

Oh, yes they will. Summer is always such a mixed bag for me. I love the weather, but I hate having to juggle work and kids without the structure of school. Every year I wish I had the summer off or was a stay-at-home Mom but I just haven't managed to work that out quite yet. Oh well -- maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment