Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hold On

This morning I woke up feeling afraid, which is uncommon for me these days. But it used to be the rule and not the exception.

This song, also on the Bridesmaids soundtrack, used to be a fave of mine:

I know this pain
Why do you lock yourself up in these chains?
No one can change your life except for you
Don't ever let anyone step all over you
Just open your heart and your mind
Is it really fair to feel this way inside?

Is it fair? No. But opening your heart and your mind, especially
when you most need to do it, isn't easy.

Thankfully, as the movie reminds us and as I know from personal experience, one of the advantages to sinking really low is that it illuminates where things are in such a way as to make it
almost impossible not to change for the better:

I know that there is pain
But you hold on for one more day
And you break free from the chains
Yeah I know that there is pain
But you hold on for one more day
And you break free, break from the chains...

And being free from the chains sure feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment