Thursday, May 26, 2011

Every Day I Write the Book

These days, by the time I get to Thursday evening, I'm so beat from my work week that all I can think about is the weekend. I don't like living my life that way, but it's really hard to avoid when working a 40 hour/week day job. I had a couple of opportunities today to talk about different possibilities for my life -- one when a group came in to meet with me and asked at the end of the meeting if I might be interested in working for their parent organization if things don't continue on with my current gig. And the other when a writer friend asked me if I was still writing -- blogging, I answered. And this really does keep me connected to that part of myself, even if it really hasn't developed into a possible career alternative just yet.

Found this little prize on youtube, an appropriate soundtrack to this post indeed:

And I'm giving you a longing look
Everyday, everyday, everyday I write the book

I love that recording, with all the artists pitching in with Elvis Costello. And these are my favorite lyrics, 'cause I'm with Elvis -- the lovers should be able to earn a good living, too:

Don't tell me you don't know the difference
Between a lover and a fighter
With my pen and my electric typewriter
Even in a perfect world where everyone was equal
I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel

Until then, I guess I'll keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment