Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm Yours

Today on the bike ride home from work, I was thinking, as I so often do, about my man. I was thinking what a gift it is that in many ways we have similar struggles in this world, and this song floated into my consciousness:

I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

At home now reading the lyrics, I can see many ways in which this song sings our story, one of which is the fact that we each did this for the other:

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and then you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love

It isn't that there aren't details to be worked out, the first of which is residing in the same town. And it isn't like I never have fear or doubts -- it's just that when I do, I'm not in his arms or looking into my heart, because when I'm either of those places, my answer is clear:

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment