Saturday, May 7, 2011

Living Inside My Heart Now

This morning, in a sext to my boyfriend, I used the word inhabit. Before he could answer, I started to answer in my own mind. (This is a frequent occurrence. In fact, I've had to break up with guys because their responses weren't as good as my imagined responses -- but this is another area where this man excels.) Anyway, my response included, it will not surprise you to learn, a soundtrack. Here's what was playing, in all its cheesy glory:

When the sun came up this morning
And she smiled her smile for me
I felt it for the first time
Something deep inside of me
So you can take your midnight ramblin' boys
And you can keep your winding roads

She's livin' inside my heart now, livin' inside
Oh there's an easiness about her
There's a softness in her way
But she gets me through the hard times
We get closer everyday
I know I'll never be alone now boys
Cause even if I'm far away

She's livin' inside my heart now, livin' inside, yeah
And I don't know what I did to deserve her
But I'll tell you this my friend
I'm never gonna lose her
Never gonna lose her
Cause eve - ry night
She's livin' inside my heart now, livin' inside

Love that song! Remember About Last Night, the movie it came from? Here's a video with a snippet of the movie with the song playing in the background.

Watching it now, it occurs to me that those two kids (played by Rob Lowe and Demi Moore) didn't really understand what love was. I didn't know that when I first watched this in the 80s, that's for sure.

This being older, second time around thing sure has its benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment