Sunday, May 29, 2011

No Distance Left to Run

This one started to play on the internal jukebox for two reasons today, I reckon:

1) It's one of the tracks on a CD made for me by the man who sent me Someone Like You via email this week; and

2) My man was moving through some of the tough but necessary feelings involved with healing from a divorce today, and I felt his pain along with a little of my own:

It's over
You don't need to tell me
I hope you're with someone who makes you
feel safe in your sleeping tonight
I won't kill myself, trying to stay in your life
I got no distance left to run

As much as it hurts, it's so important to stop running sometimes and let the feelings catch up with you. Once they are felt, they can be on their merry way again. That's not to say they might not come calling again -- just that they won't continue to weigh you down in the meantime...

No comments:

Post a Comment