Sunday, July 7, 2013

Love Will Find a Way

I woke up this morning having had a bad dream. In it, we were about to take a family picture, with my extended family, and one of my cousins or aunts (not sure who it was), refused to let me be in the picture. Not a good feeling.

I also woke up with this song in my head, thanks to my chiropractor's office. Not my fave, but I did think it was hilarious that this is what I heard as I was leaving after my adjustment yesterday:

Oh, but it's all right once you get past the pain

...and apropos of where I am in my life:

You'll learn to find your love again
So keep your heart open
'Cause love will find a way

Sometimes we all feel a need to change
Our love we have to rearrange
And move on to something new, yes you do
Your dreams feel like they're fallin' apart
You need to find a brand new start
But you're almost afraid to be true to yourself

I believe you on love finding a way, Pablo, but you're wrong about one thing: I'm not afraid to be true to myself. I know it's what's going to help get me past the pain, as well as what's going to help me find love again:

So now don't, don't be afraid of yourself
Just move on to something else
And let your love shine through again

Yes, 'cause it's all right once you get past the pain
You'll learn to find your love again
So keep your heart open
'Cause love will find a way

As my friend said to me yesterday, I may not be there now, but it's coming for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment