Friday, July 5, 2013

Thank You

We've finally returned home from our week up north -- and off the grid -- so I've got some catching up to do.

I think I'll start here, with this song, which came to me just over a week ago today as I watched my daughter say goodbye to my lover for the past three years, who was also an adventure pal in her life for the last two.

"Goodbye," she began, and then: "thank you for coming." I thought it was heartbreakingly sweet that she said, without prompting, the same thing I'd said to him in the wake of his departure. Because as hard as it is to say goodbye, we're all glad we had the time together that we did.

I'm not sure all of these lyrics fit, but I've always liked the way LZ expresses gratitude:

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Kind woman, I give you my all, Kind woman, nothing more.

Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by.
My love is strong, with you there is no wrong,
together we shall go until we die. My, my, my.
An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look... see.

And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles,
Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one.
Happiness, no more be sad, happiness....I'm glad.
If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

I'm not sure about a lot of things at the moment, lying in this big old bed by myself. But I have faith that I'm sure about everything I need to be sure about today, and that things will unfold and more will be revealed to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment