Thursday, January 1, 2015

Anticipation

Selfie in a snow-covered birch tree
Heard this Carly Simon number on the long drive back to Madison, and it felt somehow apt for starting the new year:

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasing after some finer day

Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

I've spent a lot of time in my life anticipating something or someone, and although a little anticipation is healthy, to focus on what might happen rather than what is happening is mostly a recipe for not getting to fully enjoy the life that's right in front of me:

Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

Yes it is, Carly. And I resolve to do less anticipating and more being in 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment