Sunday, January 25, 2015

Little Giant

My very own little giant climbing this morning
This morning my daughter cashed in on one of the Christmas presents I gave her: a Groupon to take four of her friends with her to Boulders for two hours of climbing.

We had a really good time. It was very fun to be back at the climbing gym again -- it has been ages since we've been.

I even had some opportunity to do some bouldering, which was very fun. And of course, the eye candy -- climbers, in my view, tend to be hot, and this morning's selection did not disappoint.

My daughter was so grateful: "Thanks for giving me such an awesome present!" which felt really great.

Our Saturday overall was sort of up and down, and while I did chores in between soccer games, I watched the latest episode of Parenthood.

This is one of the songs from the episode -- one that was able to get the tears flowing -- which I think helped release some of the stress I'm carrying around with this work thing:

Thought that I was in my prime.
But I was naked, dressed in my pride.
You see through the things I hide.
Yeah, it's still same, be yourself, you'll turn out alright.

You made me run like I never run,
Try like I never tried,
Fight like I've never fought,
Made me want it.
You made me run like I've never run,
Try like I've never tried,
Fight like I've never fought,
Made me want it.

I'm always saying, I'll make it right my dear,
'Cause losing you's my greatest fear.
I know I found all the blame and decide
Yeah, it's still said, don't be stupid, you'll turn out alright.

You make me run like I never run,
Try like I've never tried,
Fight like I've never fought.
Made me want it.
You make me run like I never run,
Try like I've never tried,
Fight like I've never fought.
Made me want it.

Who said it's easy, to be loved,
When you look over your shoulder and only see the wasteland?
Just got to carry what you can,
Have the heart of a giant, but know you're a man.

Who said it's easy, to be loved,
When you look over your shoulder and only see the wasteland?
Just got to carry what you can,
Have the heart of a giant, but know you're a man.

Start small, grow tall.
Start small, grow tall.
Start small, grow tall.
Start small, grow tall.

It's true. It's a proven method. I've watched it happen with my kids, it happened climbing this morning, and I have to believe it is happening in my life in general even when I sometimes still feel small...

No comments:

Post a Comment