Monday, January 26, 2015

Neon Tiger

The eye of my very own neon tiger (pants)
When I awoke this morning I had one of those moments when I got very clear about something that I'd been sort of clear about for a long time but had never gotten to the stage where I knew when the next step was coming or what it was.

I'm not ready to say exactly what it is yet, but suffice it to say I feel wayyyyyyyyy more free than I did just yesterday and that feels good.

Speaking of feeling good, I finally made it to a TRX class today. I haven't been in a number of weeks because of being sick and having work meetings that conflicted, but I still felt really strong. The instructor called me out when he was talking about the importance of breathing saying: "Just ask Sarah if you don't believe me. She teaches yoga. The one with the pants." And we all got a good mid-workout laugh in.

At the end of workout, the instructor had us do a partner stretch. I chose a woman next to me who was of similar height, but the partner stretch still didn't really work that well. I wondered aloud why that was and she said: "It's because you're crazy strong!"

I'm telling you, it's all the yoga. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe other fitness classes, running, and biking all help me stay in shape, but I love that I can be pretty dang strong, especially in my upper body, just from doing an hour of yoga six times per week.

Even so, the neon tiger in me sure was grateful for the release during my work day today:

Run neon tiger there's a lot on your mind
They promised just to pet you, but don't you let them get you
Away, away, oh, run
Under heat of the southwest sun

Took to the spotlight like a diamond ring
Came from the woodwork and the hopes they might
Redeem themselves from poor decisions to win big

Run neon tiger there's a lot on your mind
They'll strategize and maim you, but don't you let them tame you
You're far too pure and bold
To suffer the strain of the hand and its hold.

I don't wanna be kept, I don't wanna be caged, I don't wanna be damned, oh hell
I don't wanna be broke, I don't wanna be saved, I don't wanna be S.O.L.
Give me rolling hills and tonight can be the night that I stand among the thousand thrills
Mister cut me some slack, 'cause I don't wanna go back, I want a new day and age

Yes I do. And it's coming. Soon. I can feel it...

No comments:

Post a Comment