Friday, March 4, 2011

Blister in the Sun

This morning's yoga session started with partner foot massages, and when I finished with my friend's feet, she exclaimed: "Wow - thanks! It felt like your hands were as big as the whole room." I do, in fact, have big hands. This song was an anthem of my youth for that reason, and I still have fantasies of a man standing outside my window on a summer night playing it on the guitar and singing it to me:

Let me go on like I
Blister in the sun
Let me go on
Big hands, I know you're the one.

I'm happy to report that I'm back to loving my big hands today, and all the rest of me, and my fellow travelers. Whatever that badass massage therapist shook loose needed to come out, and I'm damn glad it did come out in time for me to enjoy a day or two of my vacation. I even got a little color today -- though my dermatologist would be happy that although I got a little bit red, I did not, in fact, blister in the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment