Monday, March 7, 2011

Manic Monday

Here's another reason to get on my guitar playing/songwriting career sooner rather than later: there's not much out there to express the feeling of getting off a red eye and going straight back to work. It was not, in fact, just another Manic Monday, but that's the best I can do.

Knowing that I always have a hard time with transitions, and that I work in a pretty stressful environment, it seems peculiar that I would have set myself up for such a rough landing. I know why I did it, on one level: I got my ticket with miles so it wasn't as convenient a schedule as I would've liked, and then I didn't have enough vacation to take an additional day.

But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made

Hmmm. Since my own feelings on this Monday go a bit beyond wishing my bed was already made, it gives me something to think about in terms of intentionally pushing myself back into corners that I already know will be really uncomfortable. On some level, that's a choice. My choice. It may be time for a new decisionmaking process...

No comments:

Post a Comment