Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Climb

After a beautiful hike in a Eucalyptus forest this afternoon, the radio once again came through with a totally apropos, if totally cheesy, tune:

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

And it isn't just appropriate because I was climbing on a hiking trail. I am, even here on this beautiful island, struggling with being ok with what is here, now. I'm going to try to take Miley's words to heart on this one, that it ain't about what's waitin' on the other side -- it's the climb. From that perspective, I must say, the climb was pretty damn enjoyable...

No comments:

Post a Comment