Sunday, March 27, 2011

Touch Me

Woke up this morning with Jim Morrison's voice in my head, which doesn't often happen, but the internal jukebox knew what it was doing. Today is the last full day we get to spend together for a month or two, and as hard as I try to avoid it, the desperation kicked in a bit with that realization this morning.

It's different this time -- the desperation, that is -- than it has been with previous visits. This time I'm not worried about whether it's going to work out or not, because I know it will. It's just the simple fact that I'm going to have to go without the physical contact for multiple weeks that really sent me into Doorsland this morning:

Come on, come on, come on
Come on now touch me, baby
Can't you see that I am not afraid?

Now, I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I...

No comments:

Post a Comment