Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Last Kiss

I'm up in the wee hours this morning after going to bed early, and although I'm not happy about being awake, I am happy to report that the voice going through my head when I woke up was Eddie's. As I came to, I realized the song he was singing was providing the soundtrack for my dream:

Oh, where oh where can my baby be?
The Lord took her away from me...

It wasn't a good dream, but it was about my baby not being here. When I woke up, I saw that he was not in fact, here, but also remembered that he is there. After a tough day yesterday, before I went to sleep, he'd done everything he could from far away: listened, provided perspective, loved me anyway, and told me a couple of cute stories that reminded me of some of the reasons I'm happy we're together.

I think I'll try to go back to sleep now, grateful that the separation we're experiencing isn't as drastic as the one I was dreaming about or that Eddie is singing about here:

I held her close, I kissed her our last kiss
I found the love that I knew I would miss
But now she's gone, even though I hold her tight
I lost my love, my life that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment