Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Moon Song

Tonight I watched a really good, really sad movie: Her. I thought it did a masterful job of capturing the essence of the things that so often make a love go wrong: Someone checking out. Someone not managing to let the other person be who they need to be. Someone growing in a way that can no longer accommodate the other person.

Sigh.

Y'all know I'm intimately familiar with these experiences, so it wasn't an easy movie to watch, but it was cathartic.

And of course, there's the soundtrack.

I think this was my favorite song:

I'm lying on the moon
My dear, I'll be there soon
It's a quiet starry place
Time's we're swallowed up
In space we're here a million miles away

There's things I wish I knew
There's no thing I keep from you
It's a dark and shiny place
But with you my dear
I'm safe and we're a million miles away

We're lying on the moon
It's a perfect afternoon
Your shadow follows me all day
Making sure that I'm okay and
We're a million miles away

There was a line in the movie that I really liked. Don't know if I know it exactly but it was something along the lines of "I'm yours and I'm not yours."

Uh-huh. I think I see how that works now...

No comments:

Post a Comment