Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cinnamon Girl

One of the joys of writing this blog is that some of my people have started to communicate with me in song. This morning one of ones most fond of that mode of communication sent me this song, which brought back a delightful memory of a day before I was officially marking them with music.

I was in Seattle visiting a friend, and I'd taken my red-haired freckled self to a coffee shop for a latte. I was over at the doctor-up-your-cup-just-the-way-you-like-it station putting a little cinnamon on said latte when a tall, dark stranger suddenly belted out:

I wanna live
with a cinnamon girl
I could be happy
the rest of my life
With a cinnamon girl.

It was awesome and had I not been married at that time, it would have been a great start to a fun fling, if not a lifetime of cinnamon enjoyment.

Though it isn't quite like a stranger in a coffee shop, watching Neil belt it out is pretty satisfying too...

No comments:

Post a Comment