Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

I can think of at least 5 reasons why this song came up on my internal shuffle this morning:

1) Like the electronic variety, sometimes my own shuffling mechanism seems to get stuck on a particular artist;

2) Spending time with my Aunt and Uncle this Thanksgiving, I heard how the cousin who lost his wife when I lost my friend is doing, which brought up the many songs I shared with her, this one included;

3) On my brother-in-law's new 55 inch television, I was exposed to larger-than-life NFL for so many hours on end that I'm still thinking in football metaphors;

4) I can think of no better way to describe what I'm doing, and really, what all of us are doing in this life when it comes to learning to love than fumbling towards ecstasy; and

5) Sarah's lyrics are as close to an anthem as I can imagine for where I am on my own path at the moment:

All the fear has left me now
I’m not frightened anymore
It’s my heart that pounds beneath my flesh
It’s my mouth that pushes out this breath

And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it
I won’t fear love
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it
I won’t fear love...

No comments:

Post a Comment