Saturday, November 13, 2010

November Rain

This fall in Wisconsin has been one of the sunniest and warmest that I can ever remember. That might be partly related to my own considerably sunnier and warmer feelings about the world these days, but we also have had really phenomenal weather. But it couldn't last -- we knew it couldn't -- and, much to my chagrin, the shorter days and colder rains are setting in.

Thank goodness we have Axl (accompanied by Elton John, no less), to remind us that the cold November rain, its accompanying darkness and the desire to go inward, won't last either:

Sometimes I need some time on my own
Sometimes I need some time all alone
Everybody needs some time on their own
Don't you know you need some time all alone

And when your fears subside and shadows still remain, oh yeah
I know that you can love me when there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness we still can find a way
Nothin' lasts forever even cold November rain

No comments:

Post a Comment