Saturday, December 25, 2010

Crash

You've got your fading and you've got your crashing -- and sometimes, you're lucky enough to find someone with whom you get to do both at the same time. Which is fabulous, in many ways, but it makes for some really inattentive blogging. Over the last six days, I chose and saved a song to blog about -- but never got around to actually writing and posting them.

Now, with my lover back in the arms of his beloved Northeastern U.S. mountains, I've got a latte and my favorite sea salt and dark chocolate almonds by my side, and I'm in need of every bit of therapeutic goodness that writing does for my soul.

I don't have a lot to add to Dave's lyrics -- they do a pretty damn good job of describing my feelings on the first full day of the visit. I only have to take issue with one lyric -- it ain't just a boy's dream, Dave. I dreamed it too, and then, I got to live it:

Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock
And sweet you roll
Lost for you I'm so lost for you
You come crash into me
And I come into you,
I come into you
In a boy's dream
In a boy's dream

Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows so
I'm bare-boned and crazy for you
When you come crash
Into me, baby
And I come into you...

A very merry Christmas, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment