Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hold On

It was inevitable that at some point during the visit, we'd have to confront the tough questions about what comes next. As it turned out, I think we did a pretty damn good job of mostly staying in the moment while also taking the opportunity to contemplate what future moments might hold for the two of us both separately and potentially together. For me, those discussions were often tearful -- and so today I dialed up my main-man for wallowing -- Tom Waits -- who had this beautiful offering to give us both some added comfort:

Hold on, hold on
You really got to hold on
Take my hand, I'm standing right here
You got to hold on.

Sometimes, I reckon that's all you can do. Lucky me, after holding on for what sometimes seemed like an eternity on my own after my divorce, to get to hold on with another soul, at least for a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment