Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's the Girls Night Out

You know those things in life that you talk about doing all the time but then never quite get around to doing them? You can always find a reason not to -- too busy being the primary reason. So it was for months when it came to taking a road trip to visit a friend who, though she lives in the Dells, has stayed in Madison after work to party with us many times. She's been asking us to come basically since we met her over a year ago -- and today we made it happen.

When we first started planning the trip, I thought it was going to be a girls thing -- but then we decided to bring the lone dude from the group that we're all really close to too.

When this number started cranking up on the internal jukebox as I got ready to go, I hesitated before settling on it, since, as I explained, it wasn't just a girls night after all. But then on the drive up there, when our (honorary wo)man held his own in the girliest of conversations, I decided it was fitting.

I really dig a dude who can hang with the ladies, you know? Especially a dude who, later in the night, joined me on the karaoke stage in a rousing rendition of Sweet Child O' Mine. I hadn't had enough booze to sound like Axl, and he didn't sound much like him either, but it was our night to play indeed:

It's the girls night out
N-n-night out and there's
Nothing you can say, baby
It's the girls night to play
Our night to play
Don't wait up for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment