Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dream Baby Dream

Sleep I did last night, a nice, long, dream-filled sleep. Some pretty crazy dreams they were, too, so I figured it'd be appropriate to mark this day with this song by Suicide:

Dream baby dream
Dream baby dream
Dream baby dream
Forever...
And ever...

One was even about a baby, or at least, about me being pregnant with one, which is indeed one of my dreams, and I don't just mean the nighttime variety:

Keep those dreams burnin' forever
Keep those dreams burnin'
Forever...
And ever..

I reckon that my dream last night about being with child was inspired by the friend I ran into this week who is herself 12 weeks pregnant. Like me, her marriage ended before her desire to have babies had been satiated. So she's pretty excited, even if the situation is less than ideal because she's not so sure about the babydaddy (though she does appreciate her bike mechanic's skills in the bedroom, an experience with which I can definitely relate).

I'm also excited because she's such an awesome runner that, even three months preggers, she agreed to come to Marquette and run the half marathon with me in a couple of weeks!

Anyway, back to the nighttime dreams: One of them was about my favorite of the boyfriends I had the year I lived in England, only it was him now (his hair was gray). The dream was weird -- I was aware that he was here visiting but I made a point not to see him (even though he was staying with our family) until after he'd been there for a few days. When I did, he started to tell me what he thought all the issues were with all the people in my family. Bizarro, and I really don't quite know why he popped up?

Maybe because he was a hottie and someone that I would quite like to revisit now that I'm single again and a much more emancipated version of female self:

Keep that flame burnin'
Keep that flame burnin'
Forever...

But that's not bloody likely considering that he's in England and has a super common name and isn't easy to track down. Oh well. I guess I should just consider it a good sign that my subconscious self is thinking about other dudes because my conscious self is still pretty one-dude-minded.

Speaking of dreams and dream lovers, I'm pretty sure I could get over this heartbreak if the Boss was single and wanted to hook up with me -- could he be any hotter in his khaki shirt in this extremely poorly shot video of him beautifully covering this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment