Friday, August 23, 2013

Let's Spend the Night Together

One week from today, I'll be arriving in Marquette, Michigan to participate in the Marquette marathon and half marathon. As I've written about previously, I signed up for the marathon in May after meeting a woman from Marquette when I was vacationing in Copper Harbor (also in Michigan's Upper Peninsula) with my then-family-of-four.

But you see, things aren't really working out like I'd hoped/planned:

1) I've been nursing several injuries since the half marathon I ran on June 8, and as a result, I had to shift my registration in Marquette to the half and spend hundreds of dollars on bodywork just to keep myself in the game for that distance.

2) My favorite U.P. travel companion left the region, and none of the friends whom I invited to do the race with me are actually coming with me. Last week I thought one had decided to join me, but now she can't go either.

3) The tagline on the website for Marquette (linked above) asks: "What's your human nature?" Well, let's see: My human nature involves things like signing up for races in places I've never visited when I meet someone whom I get a good feeling about who invites me to sign up for them; AND my human nature involves going to said race even if I have to scale back the distance and nurse injuries and no one I know is able to accompany me; AND my human nature involves feats of athleticism like running a half marathon and mountain biking in the same weekend and I can hook myself up with those; BUT, dear Universe, another lovely part of my human nature involves a desire to be befriended and touched and held and supported and sexed up by a hot man, and I gotta say you've kinda left me hanging in that department!

So here I am, a week away, marking this day with a little friendly challenge courtesy of the Stones:

Don't hang me up and don't let me down (don't let me down)
We could have fun just groovin around around and around
Oh my, my
Let's spend the night together
Now I need you more than ever
Let's spend the night together

Come on, Universe, you can do this for me, can't you?

You know I'm smiling baby
You need some guiding baby
I'm just deciding baby; now-
I need you more than ever
Let's spend the night together
Let's spend the night together now

You've been known to do it before -- on Maui, at a certain wedding just over three years ago (though the shacking up had to wait a few weeks with that one):

This doesn't happen to me everyday (oh my)
Let's spend the night together
No excuses offered anyway (oh my)
Let's spend the night together
I'll satisfy your every need (every need)
And I now know you will satisfy me
Oh my, my, my, my, my
Let's spend the night together
Now I need you more than ever
Let's spend the night together...

So how about next weekend? Feels like that would be just what the Dr. ordered...

No comments:

Post a Comment