Saturday, August 10, 2013

Upside Down

When I heard this song in the car today, I had no idea that the video would feature Curious George!?

These are the lyrics to which I was responding:

This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
Well it all keeps spinning, spinning

Round and round and upside down
Who's to say what's impossible and can't be found?
I don't want this feeling to go away

Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Please don't go away

Is this how it's supposed to be?
Is this how it's supposed to be?

I felt angry today about the lack of contact and seeming lack of regard for me shown by my departed friend. Since I didn't particularly like taking it out on my kids, I tried to work with it, and I felt a little shift along the lines of these lyrics.

Specifically, I began to wonder today if maybe my insistence about the power of our love (blah blah blah you've heard it all here before) and my thoughts about him coming back are really just a form of protection to help make me less vulnerable. After all, as long as I maintain that, I don't have to feel like I'm really alone, like there's really this giant question mark where I thought, hoped, and not long ago felt there was someone right here next to me.

So today, I tried to turn it into more of a question, asking the Universe for more information:

Is this how it's supposed to be?
Is this how it's supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment