Wednesday, May 21, 2014

High

I've been trying to slowly work toward getting up early enough every day so that I'll have time to sit even on the mornings when I have to wake my son up at 6:30am. This morning I awoke at 6:10am, and luckily, the dawn was just as James Blunt found it when he wrote this song:

Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me.
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see (with you).
Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again.
Thought I would die a lonely man, in endless night.
But now I'm high; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.

As I drank my tea and had a bar to energize me during my bike ride and Ashtanga practice, I watched the end of an episode of Grey's Anatomy. And it was a tearjerker, with this song playing in the background:

Beautiful dawn - melt with the stars again.
Do you remember the day when my journey began?
Will you remember the end (of time)?
Beautiful dawn - You're just blowing my mind again.
Thought I was born to endless night, until you shine.
High; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.

For me emotional release is one of the positives of having a tv show as a companion. I don't know if I just have lots of stored up tears or if I'll always be a person who cries easily, but for now, I know that the release feels like just what the Dr. ordered...

No comments:

Post a Comment