Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm Your Man

This morning I got up earlier than I normally do on a morning when I don't have the kids; my earlier rising motivated by my workshop this weekend. You see, ever since my Ashtanga group moved its open practice to Mound Street, we've had more time constraints. We have to be done by 8:45am, and previous to the workshop, I'd been arriving at 8:00 or a couple of minutes after and trying to squeeze in my practice. In the process of trying to beat the clock, I've been cheating my breath and many of the postures. So I'm working on turning a new leaf.

This morning wasn't a perfect start -- I could've arrived earlier than I did, but it was an improvement. And accompanying me on my bikeride this morning was this song in my head -- and specifically these words on repeat:

But where we're going baby
Ain't no such word as no

Not exactly sure what to make of it, but this is my take:

This commitment I'm making to myself, there's no going back. There's no way to stuff it back in or to go back to being ok with what was once ok with me.

It might also be about the realization I had this weekend that I am choosing people for intimate relationships who need to go away because I need to go away. That's a big one. And it really makes me think twice about jumping back into the dating game anytime soon. I'm not sure I'll be ready to meet someone who'll really stick around for me - - emotionally and physically -- until I really stick around for me - - emotionally and physically. I'm definitely on the path. I'm taking steps. I've sat for 5 minutes the last two days. But it's going to take time.

So no George, I'm afraid I do not know:

Baby, I'm your man don't you know that?
Baby, I'm your man
You bet
If you're gonna do it, do it right - right?
Do it with me

I don't know who my man is yet. But I know he's out there:

So good
You're divine
Wanna take you, wanna make you
But they tell me it's a crime
Everybody knows where the good people go
But where we're going baby
Ain't no such word as no...

No comments:

Post a Comment