Thursday, May 29, 2014

Wreck of the Day

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day, and it started off well. I got to ride my bike to work and even made the wise decision to wear biking pants, which I normally don't bother to do. So much more comfy for the crotch and butt!

The day kind of went downhill from there. I just didn't really feel comfortable in my own skin, and that makes being around other people uncomfortable too, which you kinda have to do when you have a job and when you're a Mom.

Lucky for me, I've got a beautiful song to sing my pain today:

Driving away from the wreck of the day
And the light's always red in the rear-view
Desperately close to a coffin of hope
I'd cheat destiny just to be near you
If this is giving up, then I'm giving up
If this is giving up, then I'm giving up, giving up
On love, On love

Driving away from the wreck of the day
And I'm thinking 'bout calling on Jesus
'Cause love doesn't hurt so I know I'm not falling in love
I'm just falling to pieces

And if this is giving up then I'm giving up
If this is giving up then I'm giving up, giving up
On love, On love

And maybe I'm not up for being a victim of love
When all my resistance will never be distance enough

Driving away from the wreck of the day
And it's finally quiet in my head
Driving alone, finally on my way home to the comfort of my bed
And if this is giving up, then I'm giving up
If this is giving up, then I'm giving up, giving up
On love, On love

I'm not really giving up, of course. I'm just trying to be gentle with myself about where I am today. Tomorrow is a new day. It may not be a wreck.

Besides, if this what being a wreck looks like, I'm doing alright. Not great, mind you, but not so bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment