Monday, May 26, 2014

Scratch

There's the part of camping that is pure enjoyment, and then there is all the work. Work to prepare, work while you are there, and the worst kind of work -- when you get back home. On top of that, you have the house and yard work you left behind, and that all added up to what felt like a shit ton of work over the last couple of days.

To top it off, I've been feeling a little down emotionally too since we returned home. I heard this song today, and it seemed to perfectly capture what I'm experiencing:

It's a big girl world now
Full of big girl things
And everyday I wish I was small

'Cos I've been counting on nothing
But he keeps giving me his word
And I am tired of hearing myself speak
Do you ever get weary? Do you ever get weak?
How do you dream when you can't fall asleep?

I've been wondering what you're thinking
And if you like my dress tonight?
Would you still say you love me
Under this ordinary moonlight?
I'm so afraid of what you'll say

I'd like to know if you'd be open
To starting over from scratch
I'd like to know if you'd be open
To giving me a second chance

I used to think I was special
And only I have proved me wrong
I thought I could change the world with a song

I'd like to know if you'd be open
To starting over from scratch
I'd like to know if you'd be open
To giving me a second chance

Yes, honey girl, I'm open to giving you a second chance. Which reminds me of my note from the Universe the other day, too good not to share:

"Always follow your heart, Sarah, unless it's been broken, then you must lead it.

Back into love,
    The Universe"

Ok heart, here we go. Starting over from scratch...

No comments:

Post a Comment