Friday, May 23, 2014

I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That

This morning I decided to repeat last week's Friday run around the Arboretum -- only this time I'd already done a 7 miler earlier in the week. It went well though, today. I'm really liking this distance. I might just stick with 10Ks. I don't know. We'll see if I'm moved to do another half marathon or even a full. Not sure at the moment. Just enjoying running when I feel like it, and I tend to enjoy runs of at least an hour more than shorter ones.

Anyway, of all the tunes that Slacker played for me during my run, it was this one that stayed with me afterward -- specifically, the chorus:

'Cause I don't wanna go on with you like that
Don't wanna be a feather in your cap
I just wanna tell you honey I ain't mad
But I don't wanna go on with you like that
Woah, woah, woah, oh yeah

This is really how I'm feeling at the moment about my last relationship. Sometimes I think I probably come across as bitter -- which I guess is the anger working its way out. But when I strip away everything, I'm not angry. I just don't have any interest in continuing in a relationship that falls short of what I want for myself, no matter how much of that relationship was worth hanging onto for as long as I did:

I just wanna tell you honey I ain't mad
But I don't wanna go on with you like that

No comments:

Post a Comment